Joystick on PS3?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by GandhiArnold, Aug 19, 2011.

1. GandhiArnold New Member

Does anyone know if we will be able to use a joystick on the PS3 while playing BF3? Not having a joystick makes flying so much more difficult (and frustrating!).
  2. Smonsterman Well-Known Member

Battlelog/Origin ID:
    Smonsterman
    PSN ID:
    Smonsterman
    Joystick on PS3?

the thumbsticks are technically joysticks.... of and its just turn and pull up very simple
  3. Rayhunter New Member

Joystick on PS3?

@GandhiArnold, wait wut? i have high doubts but, a controller isnt good enough?
  4. mayzie New Member

Joystick on PS3?

They might be thinking that you can just use the sixaxis motion as a joystick but I doubt whether it will be responsive enough. Using a controller is ok but nothing compares to using the joystick, you get a lot more precision with a joystick.
  5. Smonsterman Well-Known Member

Battlelog/Origin ID:
    Smonsterman
    PSN ID:
    Smonsterman
    Joystick on PS3?

the analog sticks are joysticks the leeft one will be used for jets... i assume heli might stick to heli layout so its both sticks.. (easy for me YAY!)
  6. FrostHawk3466 New Member

Joystick on PS3?

Maybe Razer will develop a joystick for consoles :3
  7. mayzie New Member

Joystick on PS3?

@Smonsterman they are crappy though when you compare them to a logitech joystick or similar. I can twist my joytick for rudder control which gives me a lot more control and more responsiveness.
  8. skuibreaker New Member

Joystick on PS3?

the helicopter and jets will nevr fly right w/ a regular ps3 remote until the thumb-sticks gates are square. As of now full rudder would mean getting out of the throttle and same goes for elevator and aileron stick.. for instance take a look at any RC transmitter you will see that the gimbals (sticks) allow for full movement of all controls at all times and are never restricted by a circular gate. I think having ability to customize the stick layout to mimic that of a real rc planeheli transmitter is cool though. Just need to be able to move the sticks to the extremes in all directions i.e. Full aileron and elevator at the same time..